Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: LOW 5 to 6 hours
1 fresh or frozen boneless turkey breast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
2 cups cooked rice
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 cup peach, apricot or plum preserves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Thaw turkey breast, if frozen. Remove skin and discard. Cut slices three-fourths of the way through turkey at 1-inch intervals.
2. Stir together rice, pecans, cherries and poultry seasoning in large bowl. Stuff rice mixture between slices.
3. If necessary, skewer turkey lengthwise to hold it together. Transfer to Crock-Pot slow cooker.
4. Cover; cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or until turkey registers 170°F on meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast, not touching stuffing.
5. Stir together preserves and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over turkey. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Remove skewer before serving.
More Thanksgiving recipes and meal planning tips are available online at www.crock-pot.ca.