Prep Time: 25 minutes
16 frozen chicken nuggets
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2-1/2 cups prepared pasta sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 cups dry Catelli Smart Pasta Penne Rigate
1. Prepare the chicken nuggets according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Stir in the pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Toss the mozzarella with the Parmesan and parsley. Remove the cooked nuggets from the oven.
4. Top each nugget with a spoonful of sauce and sprinkle with a little of the mozzarella mixture. Return the nuggets to the oven; bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the package directions. Drain well.
6. Toss hot penne with the remaining pasta sauce and any remaining mozzarella mixture. Serve with the mini chicken Parmesan.